SHOP Marketplace Overview
LIBERTY Dental Plan is proud to bring affordable dental HMO plan options to small groups through the California, Florida and Missouri Small Business Health Options Programs (SHOP Marketplace). LIBERTY recognizes and shares in the SHOP Marketplace's commitment to quality, affordability, and service.
What is the SHOP Marketplace?
The Small Business Health Options Program is referred to as the SHOP Marketplace and is a part of the Health Insurance Marketplace created by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The SHOP Marketplace offers small employers a choice of qualified health and dental plans and tools for making informed choices. Eligible employers have access to the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit (SBHCTC), worth up to 50% of the employers' premium contributions. For more information about the tax credit, refer to the California, Florida or Missouri tax credit information page.
Who Can Purchase SHOP Marketplace Coverage?
- With 50 or fewer Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Employees for Florida and Missouri or 100 or fewer FTE for California. FTE include employees working on average 30+ hours/week.
- With at least one employee who is not a co-owner or spouse enrolling in coverage (including tax-exempt and religious employers).
- With an office or employee work site within the SHOP's service area.
The SHOP FTE calculator is a quick way to see if you qualify to use the SHOP Marketplace, especially if you have a mix of full-time and part-time employees.
When to Enroll in SHOP Marketplace Coverage
- Initial group enrollment can occur at any time during the year. There is no limited Open Enrollment period.
- Initial enrollment must be submitted before the 15th of the month for coverage starting the next month.
- Enrollment submitted after the 15th of the month for coverage will start the 2nd following month.
Why Pediatric Dental is Required
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires pediatric oral benefits as part of the 10 essential health benefits offered by medical plans to small employers. Depending on the state and whether the coverage is purchased inside or outside of a SHOP Marketplace, employers may purchase a health plan that includes coverage for pediatric oral benefits or purchase a standalone group dental plan separately (that includes pediatric oral benefits and dental coverage for the entire family). Only standalone dental plans offer dental coverage for adults.
Enroll with LIBERTY through the SHOP Marketplace
If you are an employer in California, Florida or Missouri you can apply for LIBERTY's SHOP dental plans through Covered California or Healthcare.gov.
Select your state to review LIBERTY's SHOP plan offerings and to find out how to enroll:
The LIBERTY Difference
LIBERTY has the experience that allows consumers the confidence to pick a plan that complies with healthcare reform, offers affordable dental care and provides access to a dentist that will work for them.
Here are just a few benefits of being covered by LIBERTY:
- Access to a large network of dentists
- LIBERTY provides concierge member services – that is, live customer support at all points of contact.
- LIBERTY’s customer service professionals speak over 150 languages and answer calls within seconds.
- LIBERTY is an industry innovator in service - We offer 24/7 access to emergency care, complete case management, and a smart phone mobile application.