LIBERTY Dental Plan of California
LIBERTY Dental Plan of California, Inc. is a statewide licensed pre-paid specialty health plan with our own statewide HMO network of contracted general and specialty dental providers.
- LIBERTY's service driven focus and timely claims payment has earned it a positive reputation among dental providers.
- LIBERTY, founded by a Dentist has been operating since 2002, with its corporate headquarters in Irvine, CA and employs approximately 250 CA residents. LIBERTY is also a proud Teamster 986 organized employer.
- Our experienced member service agents with background in dental answer 100% of all calls with a "live voice."
- LIBERTY has extensive experience administering dental benefits, including utilization management, coordination of care, and increasing utilization rates, as a result of educating members on the importance of oral health.
- LIBERTY’s philosophy of emphasizing preventive care and proactive oral hygiene results in overall cost savings.
- Network Managers are assigned regionally and by county, allowing the providers timely and direct access to LIBERTY staff. California Network Managers include:Shayne Carlson, Melinda Anderson, Kathy Ouillette, Alan Galela, Anita Garcia, Lynn Haynes.
- LIBERTY offers dental products for all service lines including Medi-Cal Managed Care in Los Angeles and Sacramento Counties; Small Group “SHOP” products on the Covered CA Healthcare Exchange; Medicare; Union/Taft-Hartley, Schools, Municipalities and Employer Groups of all sizes.
Meet Our Dental Director: Dr. Richard Hague, D.M.D.
Dr. Hague has been the Dental Director of LIBERTY Dental Plan since its inception. He obtained his dental degree at the Oregon Health Science Center; he did his Endodontic Fellowship training in Norfolk, VA and obtained his Masters in Public Administration from Troy State University.
Dr. Hague is primarily responsible for dental policy and decision making for LIBERTY. He directs and supervises LIBERTY’s Quality Management and Improvement Department including, but not limited to, grievance, peer review, quality assurance, quality audits, monitoring, training, credentialing, and utilization management reporting.