LIBERTY Dental Plan of California
LIBERTY Dental Plan of California, Inc. is a licensed pre-paid specialty health plan with our own statewide network of contracted general and specialty dental providers.
- Founded and operated by a dentist, LIBERTY has been doing business since 2002, is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and employs approximately 300 CA residents. LIBERTY is also a proud Teamster 986 organized employer.
- Network Managers are assigned regionally and by county, allowing the providers timely and direct access to LIBERTY staff.
- LIBERTY offers dental products for all service lines, including Medi-Cal Managed Care in Los Angeles and Sacramento Counties; Small Group “SHOP” products on the Covered CA Healthcare Exchange; Medicare; Union/Taft-Hartley, Schools, Municipalities and Employer Groups of all sizes.
LIBERTY Dental Plan is committed to being the industry leader in providing quality, innovative, and affordable dental benefits with the utmost in member satisfaction.
LIBERTY is a different kind of Managed Care plan that is changing the face of oral health. We are managed by Dentists and know what is needed to best serve you and protect your oral health.
Oral Health Mission
LIBERTY’s mission is to be the industry leader in increasing dental health awareness with the utmost focus on improving our member’s oral health outcomes across their lifespan. We recognize that Wellness Programs and Disease Management support overall physical and oral health. We excel at staying on the forefront of development and implementation of such programs.
Oral Health Philosophy
Our philosophy is simple and has remained the same since our inception. We are committed to ensuring that our members receive necessary preventative and diagnostic treatments on a routine basis, averting costly and damaging episodic treatment. Additionally, we reach out to members to provide them with valuable Oral Hygiene Instruction and Case Management when necessary to promote a lifetime of exceptional oral health.
We are your accountable partner on the forefront of oral healthcare. We are educators and advocates completely dedicated to improving oral health and whole person health in the communities we serve, and we give 110% all the time, every time.
LIBERTY stands for oral health:
- We believe oral health is part of “whole body health and well-being” and a dental plan should be a partner, putting members at the front and center of all they do
- We are pro-efficiency and believe in relieving adminstrative burden
- We believe oral healthcare isn’t an industry, it’s a cause
LIBERTY has redefined Dental Managed Care by addressing the industry negatives and offers a better solution:
- Quick, easy enrollment and less red tape and bureaucracy – allowing you and your office staff to focus on care delivery and growing your business
- Relief from the administrative burden of pre-authorizations
- Relief from past managed care misconceptions - we do it differently
- Caring and personal support staff that answer your calls and resolve 98% of issues within the first call
- Fast payments
- Higher satisfaction
Group photo: John Carvelli, Executive Vice President, LIBERTY Dental Plan; Dr. Conrado Barzaga, Executive Director, The Center for Oral Health; Senator Richard Pan, MD; Alicia HIghtower, Access Dental Company; Danielle Cannarozzi, LIBERTY Dental Plan and Rachel Cavalli, The Center for Oral Health. Not pictured but present was Sean O’Brien, Vice President of Health Net Health Plan. Far right: Dr. Jayanth Kumar, Dental Director, State of California.
Meet Our Dental Director: Dr. Richard Hague, D.M.D.
Dr. Hague has been the Dental Director for LIBERTY Dental Plan since its inception. He obtained his dental degree at the Oregon Health Science Center, received his Endodontic Fellowship training in Norfolk, VA, and obtained his Masters in Public Administration from Troy State University.
Dr. Hague is primarily responsible for dental policy and decision making for LIBERTY. He directs and supervises LIBERTY’s Quality Management and Improvement Department, including, but not limited to, grievance, peer review, quality assurance, quality audits, monitoring, training, credentialing, and utilization management reporting.