LIBERTY Dental Plan of California
LIBERTY Dental Plan of California, Inc. is a licensed pre-paid specialty health plan with our own statewide HMO network of contracted general and specialty dental providers.
- Founded by a Dentist, LIBERTY has been operating since 2002, is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and employs approximately 300 CA residents. LIBERTY is also a proud Teamster 986 organized employer.
- LIBERTY's service driven focus and timely claims payment has earned it a positive reputation among dental providers.
- Our courteous member service representatives have direct experience in resolving dental issues in real-time and answer 100% of all calls "live" - without the use of complicated prompts.
- LIBERTY has extensive experience administering dental benefits, including utilization management, coordination of care, and increasing utilization rates, as a result of educating members on the importance of oral health.
- LIBERTY’s philosophy of emphasizing preventive care and proactive oral hygiene results in overall cost savings.
- Network Managers are assigned regionally and by county, allowing the providers timely and direct access to LIBERTY staff. .
- LIBERTY offers dental products for all service lines, including Medi-Cal Managed Care in Los Angeles and Sacramento Counties; Small Group “SHOP” products on the Covered CA Healthcare Exchange; Medicare; Union/Taft-Hartley, Schools, Municipalities and Employer Groups of all sizes.
Meet Our Dental Director: Dr. Richard Hague, D.M.D.
Dr. Hague has been the Dental Director for LIBERTY Dental Plan since its inception. He obtained his dental degree at the Oregon Health Science Center, received his Endodontic Fellowship training in Norfolk, VA, and obtained his Masters in Public Administration from Troy State University.
Dr. Hague is primarily responsible for dental policy and decision making for LIBERTY. He directs and supervises LIBERTY’s Quality Management and Improvement Department, including, but not limited to, grievance, peer review, quality assurance, quality audits, monitoring, training, credentialing, and utilization management reporting.